Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/22/d94174674/htdocs/RLR/Forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Links

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 05:25:47 PM
42 Posts in 13 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: recycling1r700
Frequency Response - RonLyonsRadio.org  |  General Category  |  Ron's Favorite Links  |  Links « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Links  (Read 3293 times)
Jm
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: May 01, 2008, 06:24:22 PM »

Posted byRon on July 29, 2006

A few of my favorite places on the web... enjoy.
Ron

The man released 25 albums and CD's and still there are many who don't know about him. Songwriters and musicians look to him with awe:
www.mickeynewbury.com

His songs have been recorded by Tennesse Ernie Ford, John Schneider, Billie Jo Spears, and Marty Haggard. He worked with the legendary Billy Strange as a songwriter and arranger. His new CD, "Etched In Stone", will soon be released with all original songs:
www.jonmarkstone.com

Billy Strange played guitar on just aboiut all the rock hits of the early and mid 60's as part of the "The Wrecking Crew". He co-wrote "Memories" for Elvis and used to ride motorcycles with him in the Hollywood Hills. He wrote "Limbo Rock". Billy produced Nancy Sinatra and gave Frank his ONLY million selling single, "Something Stupid":
www.billystrangemusic.com

Shes played and sang from Gilley's to Muscle Shoals to Nashville. She's written songs for Willie Nelson and is another Newbury "child" and co-wrote "Silver Moon"� with Jim Weatherly for Mickey's CD, "Lulled By The Moonlight". She and her husband, Vic, have numerous Dove nominations. Her voice takes you to clouds of serenity:
www.tonijoleneclay.com

Much more about:
www.kaceyjones.com

Read a thoroughly researched and loving tribute to Mickey Newbury, "Crystal & Stone" by Joe Ziemer at:
http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=23513

He's the best songwriter you never heard of. Doug Lang writes from a bubbling fountain within him. Truly gifted:
www.myspace.com/dukelang

When I was at KEWB in 1962, Ben was a teenager in school and would show up with his reporter's norebook. He, of course, went on to become America's most prominent writer and expert on American Popular Music as well as Editor of Rolling Stone. He was a great help on "An American Treasure" and there's much to see on his site:
www.benfongtorres.com

She been on more hits than your old stereo needle. She is uncompomising in the presentaion of her art. She's as passionate about her music as she is talented. Another voice of true wonder:
www.jenniferwarnes.com

This is the best source for media news because it's so fresh and well edited. It will give you a great insight into how things really are today:
www.radiodailynews.com

They won a Grammy for "Best Tradional Folk Album" in 2005 for "Beautiful Dreamer: The Songs Of Stepehen Foster" and they just released the tribute album to Kristofferson, "The Pilgtim". They are people who really care about art in the U.S:
www.americanrootspublishing.org

You get news here that's unvarnished and unfoxed. I was there for 18 years so I'm a little biased. Lots of awards here for excellence in content and for their web site:
www.kcbs.com

Dale and Diana St. Marie own this FM in Gold Beach, Oregon and let my son and me play what we want. They hope to be streaming soon:
www.kgbr.com

Take a look at one of the most beautiful places in the world:
www.goldbeachchamber.com

He knows music, he knows how to write, and his best friend is a polar bear:
http://mytown.ca/outsiders/beukema/

What's it like to be a songwriter in Nashville? Check this out. You'll be interested to know that Jim has the first franchise in America for the Dick Cheney Shooting range:
http://www.jpasqualemusic.com/
Pages: [1]
Frequency Response - RonLyonsRadio.org  |  General Category  |  Ron's Favorite Links  |  Links « previous next »
    Jump to: